Practice Field Official
Description/Responsibilities Volunteers oversee the practice fields, and ensure that all teams have access to practice time and proceed in an orderly fashion.
Experience and Skills Needed
- This role is best served by ages 18 and up
- No experience required
- Monitor students and keep order
- Communicate effectively with authority
Mix of Sitting & Standing/Walking
Training Before Event
- Get familiar with the tournament format. It is helpful to attend a local event prior to volunteering, though not required.
- Review the current game information and videos to become familiar with what teams are practicing:
- VRC/VEX U: Visit the VEX Robotics Competition page.
- VEX IQ Challenge: Visit the VEX IQ Challenge page.
- Review all online training materials, which may include documents, score sheets, examples, and training videos. On the Volunteer Resources page select the appropriate tab for your program (VEX IQ Challenge, VEX Robotics Competition, or VEX U) and click on Practice Field Official to reveal available training resources
Dress Code Wear comfortable team-neutral clothing appropriate for a school related event, closed toe shoes, and a volunteer shirt (if provided).