Description/Responsibilities VEX TM Operators are responsible for using Tournament Manager Software to initiate matches, record scores, and display match results and awards information at appropriate times.
- Understand if field control is separate from scorekeeping or combined.
- Confirm the event has been properly set up in the TM software.
- Verify the system is operating properly.
- Verify the proper information is on the proper display.
- Maintain sight lines with the Emcee for all program levels.
- For VRC, start autonomous portion of the match and resume driver control portion on cue from the Emcee.
- For VRC, record autonomous winner.
- For all program levels, confirm the score from the score tablets or paper score sheets after each match and coordinate with the Emcee on displaying match results at appropriate times.
- For VEX IQ Challenge, create Finals matches. For VRC, perform the alliance selection process and create Finals matches.
- For all program levels, fill and display award slides.
- Be cognizant of the time cycle of matches and work closely with the rest of the field team to stay on schedule.
Experience and Skills Needed
- Experienced volunteers are preferred, but new volunteers can be trained in advance
- Comfortable using a computer
- Pay attention to detail
Physical Activity Mostly sitting
Training Before Event
- Get familiar with how matches are run. For Worlds, It is helpful to attend a local event prior to volunteering.
- Review the Tournament Manager User Guide, Tournament Manager Mobile User Guide, and all online training materials, which may include documents, examples, and training videos. On the Volunteer Resources page select the appropriate tab for your program (VEX IQ Challenge, VEX Robotics Competition, or VEX U), and click on VEX TM Operator to reveal available training resources.